Saturday, August 4, 2012

South Carolina vacation mini book

Where I have been?!  Well.... summer happened.  Yes, pool days, vacation and just the lazy days of summer (when I haven't been working).  I haven't been taking as many pictures as I wanted to this summer, but I did manage to put together the ones from our vacation.  We went to Charleston and Myrtle Beach last month.  The weather was hot, but the trip was a nice balance of "see, do, eat and relax."  It was a great vacation where afterwards I didn't feel like I needed another to unwind.

I had started a tradition to take my family to 2 different states each year and then hopefully go international.  I believe my kids appreciate the experience and will be better for it.  However, it has been a little struggle for me in deciding how to document our trips.  I am so behind on scrapbooking and I wasn't sure if just adding the pictures in a yearly album would be good.  I considered the digital books like from Shutterfly but I really like to embellish with palpable material.  And at first, I didn't want to have a bunch of mini books; but I think now they are the best thing since each would be unique.  Well, enough of my rambling...

I chose Amy Tangerine's The Goods Mini Book for our recent trip:

mini book (Amy Tangerine)
first day of vacay

hotel rockers

just us

explore Fort Sumter

delight in travel

precious pair
This is only the first half I'm sharing.  I have yet to do more projects this weekend and have to reschedule M's cake decorating class.

Happy crafting, happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment